Before deciding on renting a roll-off dumpster after a home remodel, a business renovation or any other project, there are certain things you need to know to make an informed decision. Summer time is the perfect season for remodeling projects, or for cleaning out your attic, backyard or business premises. The amount of junk that can quickly accumulate can become too much to handle with regular trips to the dump, and this is where a handy roll-off dumpster rental comes in. A roll-off dumpster can make jobs much easier as you never have to worry about personally transporting your waste to a dump. Disposal dumpsters are delivered and picked up straight from your home, saving you time and money.
Below are seven tips from the experts that will make your summer projects with the use of a roll-off dumpster stress-free or you could simply visit the best dumpster rental company.
1. Make sure that the waste from your project can be safely placed in a roll-off dumpster. Landfills are carefully managed and federally regulated with certain restrictions to be adhered to. Before dumping your waste obtain a list from your local dump to ensure that you are complying with the law.
Obvious things not to dump in a roll-off dumpster rental are chemicals, batteries, pesticides, electronic equipment, appliances, paint, household cleaners, asphalt, bricks, and mortar. There are special containers for hazardous materials and other waste that needs to be dumped.
Heavy materials should not be dumped as it could pose a risk to physical safety as well as damage to the roll-off dumpster itself. Heavy materials also pose a safety risk to workers who handle the receptacle.
Lead-based paint, household cleaners, and pesticides that are not properly disposed of may damage the environment by seeping into underground water sources; and wildlife is at risk when they feed on hazardous waste.
If there is any doubt about a particular item it is best to contact your local information hotline before dumping it in a roll-off dumpster rental.
2. Determine the size of the roll-off dumpster you will need to rent. Dumpster rental companies will be able to supply you with an in-depth dumpster size guide to help you pick the size best suited to the amount of waste you need to dispose of.
3. Decide where to park the dumpster before you hire one. It is important to select a location that leaves enough space around the dumpster to maneuver around it when dumping materials, and far away from low hanging power lines and tree limbs. Roll-off dumpsters are extremely heavy and may damage driveways or sidewalks if not place properly on a level and sturdy surface.
4. Choose a roll-off dumpster rental company with a good track record and qualified references. Reputable companies are more likely to have friendly and experienced staff and will often go the extra mile by helping a customer with last minute loading or providing protective material to avoid damage to driveway or sidewalk surfaces. Quality customer service from dumpster rental companies will include same day delivery and a choice of size options for you to choose from.
5. When you have decided on the size of the dumpster, you will need, obtain the exact measurements so that you can ascertain whether the dumpster will fit through the gates or doors of your home if you have perimeter fencing.
6. Avoid being misled and taken advantage of by unscrupulous dumpster rental companies with fantastic websites full of false advertising that promise great rates. Do not divulge any personal information or credit card details to anyone until you have checked out their credentials.
7. Make sure that you are being charged the right rates. Some junk removal companies charge by volume whereas dumpster rental companies charge by weight, which gives better value and is much more accurate. Companies should charge for waste disposal by the kilogram or by the ton and not by the pound. Be cautious of these companies as it will initially appear to be great value until you do the math.
Even though it may seem that there are too many things to consider before choosing a roll-off dumpster rental company, making the right choice upfront will save you time, money and plenty of headaches.